Hi there! I was nominated by the lovely Nadwa@PainfulFiction for this brilliant tag, and I’m so happy she tagged me as I’ve seen this around the blogosphere and really wanted to take part! 🙂 This tag is, I presume, based on the popular radio show where the concept is basically the same! So, on with the tag….
- Link back to BookBum’s original post, so she can see all your answers! (Remember to do this via pingback, she won’t get a notification if not!)
- Thank the person who tagged you… show some love!
- Come up with your answers
- Then tag others to keep the tag going!
Premise of Desert Island Discs…
You are cast away onto a remote desert island:
- You can bring 5 albums- what are they?
- You can bring one book- which is it? You are provided with a Bible/ other religious text if you want it, as well as the Complete Works of Shakespeare. No series’!
- You can have one luxury item (it had to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island)- what is it?
To see BookBum’s original post and graphics, click here!
So, on with my choices! I’m so excited!
My Five Albums
1. Divide by Ed Sheeran– I love this album so much, even though I don’t actually own it (I hope that still counts??!) and the songs on it, such as ‘Shape of You’ and ‘Galway Girl’ make me feel so happy. I’ve heard them so many times already and I don’t think I’d ever get bored of listening to them!
2. Speak Now by Taylor Swift- Not going to lie, there is going to be A LOT of Taylor Swift going on here- I love her music and she reminds me of the music I loved when I was younger and first discovering the music I liked, and again, I don’t think I could get bored of her music- she’s just got such a brilliant voice and her lyrics are both often funny, and heart-breaking!
3. Fearless by Taylor Swift- What can I say, I love Taylor Swift! This album in particular reminds me of when I was younger and the music on this album just reminds me of spending goof times with my family, so if I was alone on an island, this would bring back some nice memories.
4. The Greatest Hits by Nina Simone- I absolutely love Nina Simone’s voice, she’s got such a haunting quality to her voice that really makes me feel every word she says. I particularly like the songs on this album such as ‘Backstreet Blues’ and ‘Ain’t Got No Life’ which really make me feel uplifted and, as a history lover, these songs remind me of my great love of history and particularly the Civil Rights Movement, which I find so interesting.
5. Top Songs by The Vamps- I know this is the cringiest one ever, but I love these songs, and if I was trapped on an island, with nothing else to listen to, I think I would rather have music that makes me feel happy and uplifted, and all of these albums give me such happy feelings, as well as some containing more pensive tracks. This album also reminds me of my sister and me dancing and listening to The Vamps! They are brill pop songs, don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it!
I think I would have to choose ‘The Bell Jar’ by Sylvia Plath as my book choice, as I really love Sylvia Plath’s writing and I think that her words and feminism could keep me going while I’m all alone on the island!
My Inanimate Object
Hmmm, I’m not sure! I think maybe a CD player would be a good idea, as I’m not sure how else I could listen to my CDs… But a gas stove would also be very useful, I’m not that bothered about eating raw mushrooms or meat or whatever I can forage on the island, so that could come in useful!
I know I nominated more people last time, but something went wrong with my site, and I couldn’t remember exactly everyone who I’d tagged before! 😦 Let me know if I’ve missed you off and I’ll retag you, sorry for the problems, I really don’t know what happened there! If you’ve already done this tag, no pressure to complete it, or if you want to take part and I haven’t tagged you, be my guest!
P.S. After my exams I’ll be looking to do more reviews, so please do not hesitate to contact me regarding anything to do with reviewing or writing, I’d love to hear from you. You can comment publically on one of my posts, or contact me via my contact page. After my exams I’ll be able to make more regular review posts and creative writing posts, but in the meantime, check out my other posts, or let me know of any creative writing prompts and book recommendations!
Currently reading: ‘Henry VIII’ by William Shakespeare