Hi again! I was recently nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Leo Lozado- check out his fantastic blog here. Thank you so much for nominating me, I’ve not done one of these posts for ages, so I’m excited to get going 🙂
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell you readers three things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one.
Three facts about me:
- I am a feminist, and I love to post about my views as a way of expressing them. Nevertheless, I think that feminism often forgets the main aim is equality, and therefore people are often wary to affiliate with it, which I think is sad.
- I don’t have a favourite author- how can I choose just one?
- Despite (1) I am a massive fan of Disney, and genuinely believe that the fact that you liked Disney as a child doesn’t mean you are any less of a feminist (she hopes).
What makes blogging exceptional?
I really enjoy blogging, because I love to be able to put across my voice and connect with people that I may not know personally, but who can take comfort from my words, or who simply love the same books as me.
What one thing you wish you knew before starting a blog/site?
I wish that I knew how easy and fun it was, otherwise I would have started before I did!
What is your number one favourite movie so far?
I love lots of films, but I would say my all-time favourite, which never fails to make me feel better, would be ’10 Things I Hate About You.’ It’s just perfect- hilarious, set in the 1990s, and with a strong female character that I’m sure many women can identify with.
Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
Hmmm, I think I’d have to go for Aidan Turner, my love for the show Poldark runs very deep.
What helpful advice would you give to new blogger?
Follow as many people as possible when you first start your blog. You might find that some blogs are more interesting than others, but you can only really build up a following by exploring all that the blogosphere has to offer.
I’m not sure if these bloggers participate in tags, but I thought it would be nice to nominate some of my more recent followers 🙂
In terms of the questions, I thought Leo’s were great, so feel free to answer those!
Currently reading: ‘Everyday Sexism’ by Laura Bates