Hi there! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I thought I’d make my last post of the year an award that the lovely Tom nominated me for 🙂 Thank you so much Tom!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” -Okoto Enigma
Aw, thank you so much Tom, your blog is fantastic too 🙂
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated and provide a link back to their blog
4. Answer the 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you
5. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link (I couldn’t find a link to the creator’s blog, so let me know below and I can add it!)
6. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
7. Nominate 10-20 people
8. Ask you nominees any 5 questions, with one weird or funny one
9. Share a link to your favourite post
What motivates you to continue blogging?
Well, I love blogging so much, so I guess the passion is motivation enough! I would also love to get into journalism in the future, and this blog is a great way to keep up with writing, and build a following of like-minded readers and writers.
Favourite blogging or writing advice?
I think for blogging advice I would say don’t publish posts too much- once or twice a week keeps people interested, and endless spam can lose followers. And for writing- just write what inspires you, and what you love!
What do you hope 2019 will bring for your blog?
Hmmm, I feel like this blog has been such a surprise for me, as I only really started it as a personal thing, and I’m so happy with the steady flow of followers I’ve picked up 🙂 I hope that in 2019 I will gain even more followers to converse and connect with, and I publish posts which appeal to people!
Do you have a favourite book or film that you never get tired of?
I’m going to cheat and go for a TV series, as I never, ever get tired of the series Gilmore Girls. It’s the series that never stops giving, I love it 🙂
What four words best describe you?
Sarcastic. Funny. Open. Sensitive.
Three facts about myself:
1. I live in the North of England. The North/South divide is very real in England, and it wasn’t until I went to University that I realised how strong my accent was compared to those from the South 🙂
2. I love cats so much, and I’m not much of a dog person (sorry Tom)
3. I love time alone, and time with people. While lots of people either thrive alone, or thrive in social settings, I enjoy both 🙂
My best posts:
I love writing posts about feminist issues, so I would probably say ‘Feminist Friday: Is Fear Normal?’ was one of my favourites to write. But I got the most positive reaction from my review of ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ by Truman Capote, randomly 🙂
I’m not actually going to nominate anyone for this one, as I recently tagged people here and here. But all my followers are my favourite bloggers, and all those I have conversed with in 2018 deserve a massive shout-out. Thank you so much for a fantastic blogging year, and here’s to many more years chatting and commenting ❤ ❤
Thank you again Tom, this was so much fun 🙂
Happy reading 🙂